Energy-Saving Tips For Residential Customers
Sometimes a small change can have a big impact on your energy savings. Below are some tips for residential customers that can help you save energy and money off your monthly utility bill.
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact LED bulbs.
- Use one large bulb instead of several small bulbs.
- Concentrate lighting in areas where light is needed for safety.
- Check refrigerator and freezer door seals.
- Remove dust from refrigerator coils.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed.
- Place refrigerator and freezer away from the stove.
- Install a water-flow control device on the shower head to save hot water.
- Install an aerator in the bathroom sink faucet.
- Don’t run the water while shaving.
- Always repair leaky faucets.
- Don’t overload the washer.
- Avoid using hot water.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Insulate your water heater.
5Heating and Cooling
- Maintain your heating/cooling equipment – learn how to maximize efficiency.
- Set your thermostat above 78° during summer.
- Set your thermostat below 68° degrees during winter.
- Replace central heating/cooling systems with heat pumps.
Want More Tips?
Energy Saving Tips For Commercial Customers
Beaches Energy is committed to helping your business or organization implement cost-saving efficiencies through the lighting rebate and energy saving audit detailed below.
More Online Resources
- Energy Saver: Save Energy, Save Money
- Energy Star: Click Here for More Energy-Saving Ideas
- WaterSense: Click Here for Water-Saving Ideas