ATTENTION Beaches Energy customers:
Please be advised there has been solicitation by mail in area neighborhoods regarding transferring of utility service. The letter says that a utility transfer will consist of an electric bill payment of $0.00 for the first 12 months. These messages are not coming from Beaches Energy, and we would never send a notification in the mail about transferring your utility service.
The solicitation appears to be regarding solar panel sales. Beaches Energy has not partnered with any outside source for the promotion of residential solar power. We advise all customers to fully investigate any solar company before purchasing, and if there are any questions, please call customer service at 904-247-6241.
Considering Solar Panels?
Solar panels are not free, despite what you may hear. Solar panels allow you to generate renewable energy and can save you money. However, purchasing a solar system, or signing a 20-year lease for solar panels, is like buying a car—you need to do your homework, check prices from several sources, and think carefully about how your needs will be met by the choices you are considering.
Watch Out for Red flags!
- Does the contractor have reviews on the Better Business Bureau website?
- Does the installer have at least two years of experience?
- Is the contractor affiliated with and/or have membership with local, state and/ or national organizations relevant to the work they are doing?
- Do you feel rushed or pressured by the salesperson?
- Is the company offering “Zero down” or “$0.00” in fees? Remember, there will still be a monthly payment after installation.
The Laws of Florida (§377.705, FS) require that all solar systems manufactured or sold in the state of Florida comply with Solar Equipment Standards promulgated by the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC). Learn more at http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/certification-Testing/index.htm.